Keep Weight Off For Good
So you've lost loads of weight and you've worked hard to get there. So how do you keep it off without having to endure hour long work outs, 5 times a week and without eating bland food forever?
To keep yourself at your desired weight you need to keep consistancy with your diet, deciding that your now happy with your new body doesnt mean you can slack off and go back to your old ways and expect your body to stay at is. A drastic change like this can put you back where you started quicker than losing all that weight. If you've been overweight for many years, your body has been wired to deal with your old eating habbits, so you have to comprimise form your hard diet and workout program and comfortably eating what you want ( within reason ). Comfort eating may have been a habbit from your old self so stopping this altogether can put you straight back to the beginning.
Learning what foods will keep you full for longer, burn fat and finding entertaining ways to exercise are what will get your metabolism firing all day long.
Your road to weight loss may have been cutting out fat and exercisin hard, this may have produced good results and quickly but its not sustainable. By being smarter with your diet and exercising in a different way you can keep that body.
Eat Complex Carbs - These will keep you fuller for longer and keep your energy up.
- Combine Protein food with Complex Carb Meals - This will not only keep you fully for longer but the food will be used for energy rather than stored as fat. - Jacket Potatoe with tuna -Wholegrain Pasta with Chicken the are classic examples.
- Take the kids to the park, walk the dog for longer, cycle with the kids. These with give you enough fat burning exercise whilst having fun at the same time.
- Eat regularly - Eating six small meals a day will keep your metabolism burning fat all day long.
- Don't eat large meals after 6pm - your body starts to slow down and any food consumed at this time will be stored as fat.
- Treat yourself - eating sugary foods once a week can keep you on the straight and narrow. When you start eating healthier foods and ones that supress your hunger your desire for sugary fatty foods decreases and those chocolate bars start to look disgusting. By having a splurdge once week will jog your memorey as to why you want a healthier body.
- You can keep your healtier new body if you are serious about your diet and maintain some sort of exercise routine atleast 3 times a week.